Designing your kitchen and bath is no small undertaking. After all, there are so many elements to these spaces to consider such as cabinets, countertops, plumbing, flooring, lighting to name just a few...read more
When it comes to designing your kitchen and bathroom one of the most important elements are the countertops. Countertops see a lot of action; in the kitchen they take some abuse from hot pans, chopping knives...read more
Cabinetry is a very important decision in the building or remodeling process. If you haven’t shopped for cabinets lately it can be very overwhelming with all of the design and finish options available...read more
Today’s demands on style, individuality and design options are no challenge for the plumbing industry. Products are continuing to be introduced with new finishes, creative styling...read more
The tile on the tub splash is a perfect place to coordinate other tiles in the room. These tiles can coordinate with the tile on the floor, the shower, the walls or the sink splash. Whether your tub says, “Calgon, take me away” or is simple a place to take a bath, it’s usually a focal point of the bathroom, so why not make it special?
Decorative Design Options:
Tub splashes are not only decorative, but functional for protecting the walls from water splashing behind the tub. You only need a small amount of space tiled to protect the walls, but you have the option to be more decorative than what it necessary.
Decorative design options are:
- Tiling higher than splash height around all three walls, but not wainscot or full height
- Wainscot height tile on all three walls
- Tiling regular height on two walls and tiling full height on an accent wall
- Tub to ceiling height on all three walls
- Tub to ceiling height on all three walls with a decorative picture frame
- Tub to ceiling height on all three walls with a recessed niche built into the wall for soap and accessory storage
- For a small and functional splash, use one tile either laid straight or on the diagonal and cap it off with a bullnose piece or decorative listello
- Often, the tub front is made from wood, it is acceptable to have a wood front with a tile top and splash.